Welcome to Combat Team Bravo
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

For guests...

If you're having trouble registering with the forums (secret question etc.) then don't hestitate to jump on teamspeak and ask for some help!

ts.combatteambravo.com

Photo

CTB Mod Repo 01/04/2017

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rhodesy

Rhodesy

CTB 2IC (Acting CO)

• Administrators
  • 2,141 posts

wafS0Y7.jpg
                                                                   (Click me!)

The simplest way to get this repo is as follows:

1. Download and install Sync withSIX (this can be installed side by side with play with SIX without any known issues)
2. Once Sync has installed and launched into your browser of choice, log in with your Six account, if you do not have one I strongly suggest making one (top right)
3. Once sync is running and you've logged in go to our repo page and hit Install (Blue Button under CTB -Standard) this should now subscribe you to this collection.
4. The collection will start downloading and updating your mods. If you already have any of these mods it should start converting them 
5. To launch this collection, go to the right and click on the desktop computer symbol, from there go to Collections. You will there see CTB-Standard, you can now launch this collection once it has downloaded/updated.

Now even though I would recommend doing all this through Sync withSIX, you can do it through other means, such as Play withSIX or the oldschool armaholic. If you have issues with any of these please don't hesitate to PM me or catch me on TS when I'm free, happy to walk you through and troubleshooting.

One thing I will say not to do however, is to get your mods solely through another groups A3Sync, as they may be running modified/different versions of the mods we use.

Cheers,
Rhodesy

• Hangfire, CaptnCrunch240 and genelol like this

CaptnCrunch240

CaptnCrunch240

CTB

• CTB Members
  • 235 posts

if downloading the Repo in its entirety for the first time or for a fresh install i highly recommend paying the $6 to become a premium six account holder for a month and getting faster download speeds  

• Rhodesy likes this

crunchCTB-AGBsig.png

Jamo128

Jamo128

• Veteran Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationSydney

Can this be updated with the new repo info. :)

0Zuhoue.png

Like a glorious elite operator laden phoenix rising from the ashes of internet drama.

Rhodesy

Rhodesy

CTB 2IC (Acting CO)

• Administrators
  • 2,141 posts

When I get fucking 5 minutes spare sure, otherwise feel free to write it up yourself.

Jamo128

Jamo128

• Veteran Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationSydney

When I get fucking 5 minutes spare sure, otherwise feel free to write it up yourself.

Edit: Read post below

Edited by Jamo128, 28 August 2017 - 01:59 AM.

0Zuhoue.png

Like a glorious elite operator laden phoenix rising from the ashes of internet drama.

Osias

Osias

Wonderwall

• Veteran Members
  • 975 posts

wafS0Y7.jpg
                                        (Click Me!)

Following our transition to the Steam Workshop, playing with CTB during one of our regularly scheduled nights has become considerably easier using the steps below:

1. Click the banner image at the top of this post and insuring you are logged in to your steam account, select the UuJWsz2.png?1 button at the top of the displayed modlist.

2. Allow adequate time for all mods to complete download. This is a good chance to take a quiet moment to drink heavily, bake a small cake, or learn a new hobby. (Please note using Steam Workshop, you will no longer have enough time to construct several homes for the homeless during installation*)

3. Once the download is complete, bring up the Arma3 Launcher by launching the game normally through your steam library. Navigate to MODS within the launcher and visually confirm that the mods have installed, the easiest way to confirm this is to check for CTB-Factions to be on the list as shown here: XgnNIBj.png

4. If you feel confident, you can manually create a mod preset by carefully going through the list and enabling only the appropriate Steam Workshop version of the mods featured in our collection, otherwise download this file and continue.

5. With the above file downloaded navigate to the MODS section of your Arma 3 launcher and under the Preset drop down menu select “Import” navigate to your Browsers download folder and select the CTB_Standard html file. Once this is done, once more go to the preset drop down menu and this time select to rename Imported Preset to CTB Preset. Note: If you receive a prompt about downloading additional mods from the Workshop select yes.

1oOjzfn.png

6. Now that the mods are installed and you have saved a preset, you can easily launch Arma3 with our collection my selecting the Play with Preset: CTB Preset option from the yellow play buttons drop down menu.

Q6a4IKR.png

If you encounter issues after following the above steps feel free to seek CTB assistance on our teamspeak by talking to Rhodesy, Osias, or Sigliskovich. (Other CTB members may be able to assist if asked nicely)

*Depending on Internet speed and Quality, you may still have time to build homes for the homeless.

• Jamo128, Telgriff, Sigliskovich and 2 others like this

Yeah well I think that GAME isn't worth $? , DEVELOPER need to put more time into PROBLEM. I really just feel like PUBLISHER wanted to rush this out the door to get a quick buck. - Osias on every game ever.

Osias

Osias

Wonderwall

• Veteran Members
  • 975 posts

The formatting might need to be cleaned up depending on how you feel about it, it's also worth noting that as Jamo discovered lastnight when importing the preset we're linking to that it doesn't include MCC, which should be easily fixed by linking to an updated preset file.

• Swordsman, genelol and Klima like this

Yeah well I think that GAME isn't worth $? , DEVELOPER need to put more time into PROBLEM. I really just feel like PUBLISHER wanted to rush this out the door to get a quick buck. - Osias on every game ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users